Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Proud for the FIRST TIME? !

I have been proud of my country all my life.

I have not always been proud of what some people have done. What some politicians have done. What some ethnic groups have done.

But I have been proud of my country because it has always strived to be better. And it has succeeded in getting better and better and better.

I am proud of that.

But Michelle Obama says she's only proud now. Just listen.



Her "proud for the forst time in my adult life" phrase insults every person -- black, white, brown, yellow, purple, rainbow -- who believes in the ideals of this country and who have tried to make the reality equal to the ideals.

I am proud of my country.

Ms. Obama should be ashamed of hers words.

There will be spin to come about how it was a "slip of the tongue," and that she really didn;t mean it that way. I don't believe that. Watch, listen and make up your own mind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with much of what I have learned about you today, Mr. Braxton. I might read some more.

But I disagree with your feelings about Mrs. Obama's statement about being proud to be an American. It's been a long dry run of un-inspiring presidents, etc. I like her, all while I disagree with Obama's vote for renewing the FISA bill.

Just thought that I'd stand up in her defense. She, I, you and many of your readers are the real patriots trying to bring our country back to it's one great elegance and history of respecting free right's.

7/14/2008 03:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home